Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's All in the Presentation

One of Doug's favorite sweet treats is homemade molasses cookies, so I decided to make him a batch for Valentine's Day. I found a beautiful blue Pyrex bowl with a white band around the rim in an antiques store a couple of days before the holiday, so I snapped it up--his favorite color is blue. In another shop, I rummaged through baskets of vintage kitchen utensils and found a set of tin measuring spoons and a heart-shaped cookie cutter. One more stop, at a party store, and I had a big cellophane bag and some curling ribbon to make the perfect package.

I baked the cookies while he was out on a long walk, packaged everything up, and left for work with my masterpiece carefully arranged on a red placement on the kitchen counter.


A few minutes after I got to work, he texted me to thank me for the cookies.

As for the bowl?  What bowl? He was in such a hurry to get to the cookies that he never noticed the bowl.

Yeah right, it's all in the presentation..... But at least the cookies were a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment