Sunday, December 23, 2012

Cookiefest

I hate to cook, but I love to bake.  I guess that means that if I weren't married to Doug, I would live on homemade cookies and takeout pizza for the rest of my life.

We have a small kitchen, but we bake so much that we actually bought a piece of furniture a couple of years ago dedicated to baking supplies.


It came with two trashcans in the pullout bins, which we replaced with 8 large Tupperware containers for flour, sugar, chocolate chips, oats etc. The drawers hold colored sanding sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and small spice containers:


This weekend, we pulled out all of the supplies and made more than 1,000 cookies to give away...and to eat. We baked all of them in our 60-year-old Chambers gas stove:


Doug is great with a piping bag, so he made everything look good.

Like sugar cookies:



And homemade to-die-for toffee:
And almond roca cookies:

And jam turnovers:


We also made shortbread, peanut butter blossoms, Toll House cookies, Guiness gingerbread, and Special K bars, which Doug is cutting here:

We pack the toffee in little bags:


And we make up boxes and baskets for friends and family:


I know he didn't help with the baking, but I can't resist finishing with a picture of Pax, our 8-month-old orange tabby, who was the star of our Christmas cards this year.  The caption?  Wreck the halls.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment