Thursday, March 22, 2012

Speed Pick

One day last week, Doug and I had a joint writing and photography assignment downstate, so we took the opportunity to stop at a few Goodwill stores that we don't get to very often.  We found a few things (in addition to the box of thread I wrote about a couple of posts ago), including a blue glass Pyrex bowl ($2) to go with a green one that we already had:


A "peel" ($5) for when we make pizzas on the grill:


And a nice all-cotton flannel sheet ($3) that I can use in one of my recycled T-shirt or jeans quilts:


When we had just 45 minutes left before our appointment, which was at a local middle school, we decided just to go and wait there--Doug needed to change his shoes, check his camera equipment, etc.

As we drove into town, we saw an antiques and collectibles place that we didn't know about. Do we have time to stop?

Yeah.

A quick U-turn, into the parking lot, and we were both out of the car within seconds.

The place was amazing, but we had just about 20 minutes before we absolutely had to be at the checkout counter paying for whatever we wanted to buy.

We sped through the booths--definitely not our usual style, but we did what we had to do.

With about 20 picnic tins and baskets in my collection, I now have a wish list of specific ones I want.  I turned a corner and stopped short--there was one of a them, a Nesco Picnic Ryte in yellow and black plaid:


I snapped it up, while Doug was off looking at cameras and tools.  He found two cameras--an old movie camera and a little souvenir camera from the 1964 New York World's Fair.  $49 later, and we were in the car on our way to the school.

But we will definitely go back, and the next time it won't be on fast forward.

And don't worry, Doug, I will soon have an entry (or two) on your camera collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment